CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

I KNEEd a Friend...

Okay...I am way past stir crazy! Sitting in my apartment since Thursday has done nothing good for me, but make me so antsy to get back to work, at a job I hate. And now I realize that because I am the worlds worst blogger...half of you may just have no clue what I'm talking about! I had knee surgery on Thursday morning...first one out of the gate...good morning 7 am, lets shove the scopes in the joint & get to work, shall we? It sucked. I am, quite possibly, the worlds WORST patient! I hate pain, but I hate pain meds worse. They make me OVERLY honest & nautious!
Doc calls me today & I find out that I'm slightly behind on my Legasus CPM. I was @ 55 degrees when I spoke with him...he said I should be @ 70 degrees before I go to sleep. Did I mention in the original instructions that I was supposed to increase no more than 10 degrees per day? This will make a 20 degree increase on the day...but I can do it.
Also, I ask the doc, "When can I take off the dressing?" "You haven't done that yet?" Seriously?! Would I be asking this question if I had already taken it off?! I mean the guaze & stuff went with the first shower, that goes without saying...but the hose & ace wrap are killing me. And the damn ice cooler is acting as a brace which I don't feel is a good thing. Apparently, I should have shed all that a couple days ago...and been walking crutch free. Nice to know.
So what do I do??? I get up, toss the crutches aside...and walk. Nowhere in particular, and I happen to have the smallest apartment ever...and I did have a Charlie horse the other day...so that spot where the cramp was is still a bit tender...but I walk anyway...aimlessly...and with the most unnatural gait you've ever heard about! It doesn't seem like it's doing anything good...but the Doc says walk...by golly...I walk!
It's a few hours since I've had this conversation with him now. And I HURT! I'm going to push past it, but it HURTS...excessively! And I realize...no pain meds today. I was trying to be a soldier and I'm going to end up gimping myself. I wanted to send a quick update to my faithful followers...(i think there are a solid 3 of you. LOL) before I go take the pain meds. Believe me, this is for the best. Had I not done this PREMEDS, this update would have been even less of an update & more mindless drivel that should be kept secret. Yes...I have secrets...and they are good ones! LOL
Not really, actually...which is probably a pretty big part of the reason that I have had 2 visitors aside from the parents...in the last 4 days...none of which have come in the last day & a half. If I had good secrets, perhaps more people would come see me. Or perhaps if people knew I didn't have good secrets, they would come make some with me.
Okay...I think that statement...and the fact that I have typed three periods in a row about a thousand times...is a pretty good indication of the fact that I took my pain meds about mid blog. I wonder if I come back later and read this and feel that it is inappropriate, if I will be able to delete it? One of the downfalls of being a horrible blogger...I don't know the answer to things like this.
Anyway...if you want to come visit me...please do...but call first. I may be sleeping...or someone more interesting than you may have already stopped by. LOL Fat chance, right? Okay...just complete dribble right now. More to come from the bum leg in KNEEd of a friend...

0 comments: