CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

If only more men were like the road...

I'm obviously new to writing blogs, but oh how I love to read them! I'm stealing from the blogs of a few of my friends from now on by ending with 'Today I love:" & "Song of the day:" If ever there is something else I can add to improve my own blogging, please don't hesitate to let me know. I need all the help I can get! And a little warning before you dive into this one...I am completely & totally exhausted from this last weeks events. If my punctuation, grammar, spelling or otherwise is just absolutetly horrendous...I ask that it be overlooked. I will give it a re-read before posting, but I can't promise I will be awake while doing so! LOL

Setting out to blog today I am completely overwhelmed! I don't know how many days it has been since my last (& first) blog, but it's too long! So much has happened since then! So many great (and by great I mean big...not necessarily wonderful, though some HAVE been wonderful) things have happened that I fear blog 2 might be longer than blog 1! You're probably thinking, "How is that even possible?!" I know right?!?! But seriously...as I continue, perhaps you will see...It's just been exhausting and I now see why people blog everyday! You wait too long & there is just too much to get off your chest! I'm sure I will forget something in the course of the blog, hell I've forgotten more in my life than most people know! I'm 26 & I've got my Mom's memory, God bless her!

Friday night I went to work at my part-time job, as usual, and was so glad to see Kevin there! He is the guy I normally work with but the previous weekend he took off so I had to work with someone else. His replacement was wonderful: A hard worker, and you just couldn't ask for a sweeter girl! But no one is Kev! You get comfortable with certain people and when they step out of the picture it is a big kick in the ass! I have always been the kind of person who attempts to tell people when I appreciate them. I think it has almost become second nature, but someones I still have to remind myself to send a nice card or note. I appreciate Kevin so much! He helps to keep me accountable with my eating & workouts by text throught the week, and on the weekend he is an open ear for me to unleash everything wrong with my week! He has done this, day in & day out, never complaining once over the course of our last year & a half working together. He is damn near saintly...

Saturday morning was pretty much a nightmare! As soon as I got off work I had to go home & get Boomer ready...to give him away. Pretty hard to have a pet, pretty much a child, for 7 years and then make the decision to give him away. Boomer is beautiful, loving, docile, so well behaved! You will never find a better dog! And what a little personality he is! But apartment life is not for him! And my Daddy posted a flier at his job that a man responded to. The guy is an engineer with a fenced in backyard like you read about! H-U-G-E! He seemed to be okay when we dropped him off...I cried all the way home...and dude was drinking a beer already...did I mention it was 09:30?! I know I did the right thing! The guy also has a golden retreiver for Boomer to play with & a pond behind his land for them to swim in. I like to think they are becoming the best of companions! How could anyone NOT love this little guy?!?!?!





On Sunday afternoon I had my very first Scentsy party! It was great! I was a hostess...still not sure how I did with my sales as I have left it open until Saturday evening. If you see anything you have to have, please let me know! :) But no matter how much my guests & friends & family purchase, the best part of the party was seeing my friends! Not many people showed up actually! The morning of, I had planned to see 20 smiling faces, minimum! Then one friend was in a meeting, one had to tell her & her boyfriends parents that they were pregnant, one was stuck in HOTLANTA @ the airport...all valid reasons of course, but I couldn't freaking win for losing! Until then the guests started arriving! A great thing about the internet is that it can allow you, if used safely & properly, to meet people that you would not otherwise meet, through networking. You can build bonds & relationships with people far before you ever meet them. I know I mentioned Melly in my first blog...in the last couple years she has become one of my very closest & best friends in the world. I was introduced to her over the internet, through Nike Twin Jones, who went to college with her! Melly then introduced me to another girl through the internet that she had befriended through their blogging about running. This friend came to my party, and met both Melly (who of course was there!) & I for the first time!! Not only that, but she brought along her best friend! It was great! It was like seeing an old friend when in actuality, I had never met her before! Her friend was so awesome too! Through various things like Twitter & Facebook, I had already had so much communication with her that I was completely pumped about them coming, and so comfortable with them there! I can't deny it, there was a hiccup in the road. Because she had never met me before, she obviously had never been to my parents house. I was hosting the party there because I dare you to fit 20 people in my apartment comfortably! NOT happening! I gave her their address to punch into the trusty iPhone GPS...which turned out to be not at all trusty...landing my new friends on the other side of the tracks in a not so respectable neighborhood. Let that be a lesson for all of us! Technology be damned! Get directions! My Momma's best friend also came & brought one of her friends. She babysat me pretty much from the moment of my birth, at a moments notice, when my mom & dad needed a sitter, continuing all the way on through college when she babysat Boomer when I would go on vacation. That's the extent of guests, but I wouldn't have changed it! My Mom is out of town so my Dad made all the delicious dinner & dessert and let me sleep since I had been at work all night! He is so amazing & I am so blessed to be able to have him as my father! I'm not sure they make men like him anymore...if they do, I am looking in the wrong places! I appreciate him so so much & couldn't have pulled off the party without him.

And now...I'm falling asleep...so this blog is going to have to be continued... (who knows when. Too far from now & I won't remember all the awesome stuff I want to talk about. But I don't have time to do it too soon. :( Just be on the look out for it...)

Today I love: innuendos, hints & insinuations

Song of the day: Lips of an Angel

Nike Inspiration: "You don't stand in front of a mirror before a run and wonder what the road will think of your outfit. You don't have to listen to its jokes and pretend they're funny in order to run on it. It will not be easier to run if you dress sexier. The road doesn't notice when you're not wearing make up. It does not care how old you are. And you don't feel uncomfortable if you make more money than it. The only thing the road cares about is that you pay it a visit once in a while."

~These are the confessions of a Nike addict~

0 comments: