CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 6, 2009

Suprise!

Truly, I am the worlds WORST blogger! So this may come as a suprise to some that I'm whipping out a little something mid-day on a Friday. Look back at old blogs and I probably start out each one with how awful I am at keeping up with blogging. I guess I will stop that. It jinxes me. LOL Next time I will start with something different.

My rehab with the knee is coming along famously! I'm back at the gym for little bitesize workouts twice each day. Once in the morning and once in the afternoon, each with 30 minutes of cardio, then I do abs, the 100 pushup ap on my iPhone & split up my at home PT exercises between the two workouts. It feels great to sweat again, and I know it's only a matter of time before I'm back to my old running self!

I tried to remind myself today that I didn't become a runner overnight...but really, I kind of did! LOL One day I just decided to run a mile...I could do it and I was hooked from there! But I know in actuality, it was the months of cardio every morning that build up my endurance to allow me to run that first mile, and each mile after. So I don't mind taking my time & building back up to where I was before I got hurt...if life would just stop getting in the way and allow me to build back up!

I'm moving this month. My lease ends on Nov. 15th, and then I'm back to Mom & Dad's house until it sells. They are packing up to head to their dream home in FL...purchased last month...and I'm getting in as much Mom & Pop time as possible before that. Don't know if I will be able to make it without them, but I've got to give it a shot. I can't go with them...my steady job is here & I've got a new Jeep to pay off! :)

Point of all that...I have seriously injured my back. It was my genius plan to be all OCD with my move. I kind of can't help that. Genetics and chromosomes and all. So I'm on box 15 of the most organized packing fiasco in the worlds history, and decide to pack all of my breakable dishes and kitchenware, wrapped up in newspaper, in the medium U-Haul box. It says right on the box that it's good for kitchen stuff!! I pack it on the dining room table and tape it up! I'm pretty proud of myself at this point and the kitchen has really thinned out. Until I realize in mid-lift that this great accomplishment weighs about 100 lbs! Mother of God!

Been laid up for 2 days taking a few things here and there for pain and muscle spasms and such. I'm alternating heat & ice & going to see the chiropractor more often than he sees his own children I'd suspect. Today it feels like more damage was done than good. There's no one here for me to complain to though, so good thing I had this blog...just sitting here all alone, not being used. It was nice to get that off my chest.

Anyone know any exercises or stretches or anything I can do to help this pain go away? I'm having to walk all stiff and retarded like a new hire @ Hooter's showing off the girls. It is uncomfortable to say the least. Back to sleep I go. Bad dreams bad dreams, go away. Good dreams good dreams, here to stay. Bad dreams bad dreams, go away. Good dreams good dreams, here to stay. Bad dreams bad dreams, go away. Good dreams good dreams, here to stay. You have to do it three times for it to work.

Song of the day: Garth Brooks UNANSWERED PRAYERS
Nike Inspiration of the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emkaZrvx0jI

0 comments: